Concrete Curing Blankets
Concrete Curing Blankets are specifically used in the process of drying concrete in cold climates and they can also be used to protect against wet weather and against drying unevenly in warmer climates too.
- The use of a thermal blanket helps to create an ambient air temperature allowing the concrete to set evenly throughout. Typically when concrete is drying the outside will set quicker than the middle as the air temperature is colder. If the inside sets slower than the outside, it can cause thermal cracking. Using a Curing Blanket will prevent this process from happening and ensure an even cure of the concrete.
- Thermal Blankets allow all year round concrete pouring.
- The Curing Blankets can be used directly onto the concrete or used in conjunction with framework and additional heat can be pumped in if the temperatures are still too low to set the concrete properly.
What we can offer you
- We custom make all our products so we can manufacture any size to suit your requirements.
- We can make sizes to fit concrete moulds exactly or if dealing with a large area we would recommend making the blankets in several pieces which can be fastened together so that the blankets are manageable and user friendly.
- We can provide optional eyelets (rings) and ropes so that the blankets can be secured in place if required.
PVC or Polyethylene
If you are using the blanket for standard use the Polyethylene will be more than adequate and be cheaper. However if you want the blanket to withstand continued movement, dragging across rough ground, being walked on, or having equipment placed on it, then PVC is the one for you.
Triple layered construction, with 2 sheets of PVC or Polyethylene with a thermal insulation layer sandwiched between them.
3 years UV Warranty Polyethylene / 4 years UV Warranty PVC
All Blankets are reusable and will last 10yrs plus if well maintained.
The Blankets are watertight with the thermal insulation layer sealed within the two skins.
New Zealand’s only manufactured R-value thermal blanket.